Is Your Clean Home Making You Sick?

Is Your Clean Home Making You Sick?

If you've been suffering from sinusitis this winter, you could well be blaming it on the weather. And the same could be said of hay fever, runny nose, tickly throat and a heap of other allergies and ailments.

The chances are, however, that it's not the weather causing the problem - but your cleaning habits. Your home - supposedly a safe and secure refuge - could actually be making you sick.

We all know electromagnetic pollution from our phones, TVs and white goods can be bad for us but so, too, can the products we choose to keep our homes clean and sweetly scented.

Don't Risk Your Family's Health

You may think you're doing the right thing by using disinfectants, bleach and other germ-eating solutions, but you are actually putting your family's health at risk. Not to mention the potential harm to the environment.

Recent research has linked sinusitis symptoms, such as headaches, nasal congestion, fever and infection, with cleaning products. Another report suggests indoor air quality can be 100 times worse than the air outside!

Links With Cancer, COPD

This is due in part to the fumes and particles released from cleaning products, as well as things like new carpet, furniture and other household items. There is strong evidence of links between these air pollutants, and conditions such as allergies, asthma, and even lung cancer and COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease).

FACT: The CSIRO says the cost of poor indoor air quality in Australia could be as much as $12 billion a year!

There are several ways of making your home a healthier place, starting with ditching those nasty harsh cleaning chemicals. There are now some excellent, and affordable alternatives, that are better for you, your family and the environment.

Cleaning Comes Naturally

You'll find that products such as Bicarb Cleaning Paste from OurEco Home, are multi-functional, too. You really don't need different cleaning products for the kitchen, bathroom, toilet, and so on - that's just a ploy used from major manufacturers to make you spend more!

Bicarb Cleaning Paste with lemon myrtle will make stainless steel sparkle, tiles shine, and stains disappear. It even removes stubborn soap scum from the shower. For really tough dirt, like cook tops, apply the paste and spray with a little vinegar. Leave for a few minutes and then wipe clean with a damp cloth.

If you don't like using a paste, OurEco Home also does an excellent cleaning gel, formulated from soap flakes, and infused with lemon myrtle essential oil. Applied on a damp cloth or sponge, it's brilliant for sinks and baths.

Help Yourself, And The Environment

If you like using different products for different jobs, there is also a dedicated floor cleaner in the range, as well as a multi-purpose spray, timber furniture polishing oil, disinfectant spray, and even a mould spray. Yes, you can get rid of unsightly, unhealthy mould without bleach!

After using and rinsing off the products, a quick polish with a dry micro fibre cloth will have your home or office sparkling, and your respiratory system feeling a whole lot better!

Ditching these harsh chemicals is a relatively small thing you can do, that will make a huge difference to your health, and the planet.